Here is the big change, now your class 12th scores will also matter for engineering examination and will matter a lot. As per the initial plan drafted by the ISEET committee, your score in Class 12 Board exam will also be considered for determining the final merit list for engineering examination.
So, the final merit list for admission to engineering program will be combined scores of Class 12th board examination and ISEET test. However, the weightage for ISEET (combining Main and Advance) will not be more than 60%. In that case the board examination marks will constitute 40% of total score.
The first edition of ISEET in 2013 will only cover 15 IITs, 30 NITs, 4 IIITs, 5 IISERs and some of the deemed universities under direct purview of the HRD Ministry. For these institutes, HRD will take the final decision.
But a number of states, such as Tamilnadu, currently give more weightage to performance in board. Hence, the committee has given states an option to decide their own weightage criteria. The class 12th board marks may make upto 100 per cent of final score, in that case only class 12th performance will be used for building merit list.
Hence, there is a number of questions over this criteria, specially across the different states. According to major newspapers, a meeting of all state representatives is scheduled on 22nd of Feb, 2012.
Incoming search terms:
- iseet board weightage
- weightage for iseet
- percentage weightage for iseet
- qualifying marks for iseet 2013
- role of 12th percentage in iseet
- waitage of 12th class in iseet
- weightage for 2 examination
- 12th board weightage for isc board students in engineearing admission
- weightage of chapters of 2 board exams for 2013
- weightage of class 11 in class 12 finals
- weightage of ipe marks in iseetexam
- weitage of board marks in jee mains
- what is the use of 11th 12th marks in iseet
- percentage required for iseet
- MINIMUM PERCENTAGE REQUIRED IN ISEET