Finally, all parties agreed to a common entrance examination for admission to CFTIs (centrally funded technical institutes) in 2013 and beyond. In the emergency meeting called on 27 June to decide the IIT JEE 2013 pattern, IIT council decided to go with the newly proposed common entrance test, Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), however with some modifications. The meeting was called after IIT Kanpur and IIT Delhi rejected the proposal by HRD to include class 12th marks for merit list preparation and announced plans to conduct their own examination. These announcement put pressure on HRD and Kapil Sibal to discuss and reach a compromise solution. Now that IIT JEE will be replaced by JEE Main and Advanced, the following scheme will be used for admission process.
IIT JEE 2013 Pattern: New Format For Admission to IIT
1. JEE MAIN (screening test)
- Objective type test
- Conducted by CBSE
- Approximately top 1.5 lakh students from the main exam can take JEE Advanced
2. JEE ADVANCED (merit/ranking test)
- The format will be decided by JAB (Joint Admission Board) which has been conducting IIT-JEE test from last 25 years
- Conducted jointly by IITs
Admissions to IITs will be based only on category wise All India Rank (AIR) ONLY on basis of performance in JEE ADVANCED.
ONLY top 20% students, in their respective class 12th board examination, will be considered for the merit list.
The 15 IITs are in New Delhi, Kanpur, Mumbai, Kharagpur, Chennai, Roorkee, Guwahati, Rajasthan, Gandhi Nagar, Patna, Hyderabad, Ropar, Mandi, Bhubaneshwar and Indore.
Incoming search terms:
- www iitmain nic in
- Www iitmains nic in
- iitmains nic in
- iitmain nic
- IITmain nic in
- www iitmains com
- www iitmain com
- www jeemainedu in
- jeemainedu in
- Iitmain com
- jeemain-edu in
- improvement for iitmain 2013
- 90%marks in RBSE how much marks more require in jee mains for nit college