CBSE will be conducting the first part of the JEE examination i.e. JEE Main 2013. Here is the JEE Main 2013 Notification making this decision as official. As, IIT JEE and AIEEE will be replaced by this new scheme of JEE Main and Advanced, this can be considered as official IIT JEE 2013 notification.
JEE Main 2013 Notification
- In pursuance of MHRD’s directions and subsequent decision of the JEE Apex Board on JEE (Main) and (Advanced) held on 25.08.2012, the JEE (Main) Examination, 2013 (hitherto known as AIEEE – Paper I) for admissions to B.E./B.Tech courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be held during April, 2013.
- The JEE (Main) (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) for B.E./B.Tech will be held in two modes, viz offline and online (CBT). The offline examination for JEE (Main) will be held on 7th April, 2013 and the online examinations will be held thereafter in April, 2013.
- The examination (Paper II of earlier AIEEE) for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be held on 7th April, 2013 in offline mode only.
- The merit list for admission to NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be prepared by
giving 40% weightage (suitably normalised) to class XII (or equivalent examination) or other qualifying examination marks and 60% to the performance in JEE (Main) Examination.
- The JEE (Main)-2013 (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) will have one objective type question paper.
- The paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The duration of the paper will be 3 (Three) Hours. The Paper II for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will have one Question Paper consisting of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test as per past practice of AIEEE. The duration of the paper will be 3 (Three) Hours. Detailed bulletin is being prepared and will be published shortly.
- Only 1,50,000 of the top rankers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE, OBC (NCL), SC and ST) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2013 (hitherto known as IIT-JEE) for admission to IITs, IIT BHU and ISM Dhanbad. Notice in this regard has been issued by the IIT system separately.
AIEEE conducted earlier by the CBSE would now be known as JEE (Main). For any clarification regarding JEE (Main) 2013 , kindly mail your query to email@example.com
Here is the original JEE Main 2013 Notification PDF from CBSE.
Incoming search terms:
- Iit jee 2013 helpline number