The verdict is out. There will be a common entrance examination for IITs, NITs, and IIITs along with all other state engineering institutes from 2013 itself. The common entrance examination will have two parts: mains and advance.

For IITs

Students will have to take mains and advance both on same day. A merit list will be prepared with 50% weightage from class 12th board examination and 50% marks from main test. The Advanced test for top 50,000 students based on this merit list will be evaluated for admission to IITs.

For non-IITs

• ISAT 2013 exam
  • isat entrance exam
  • iseet weightage
  • eligibility for nit 2013

64 Comments

• abhijeet says:

I don’t like this system..

• raja says:

There is no meaning in giving 50% weightage for class 12. Board examinations are being conducted in a proper way.

• harsh says:

but wat about gujrat students…
    acorrding to ISEET class 12th result will be considered as 40%
    but we have semister system..
    then our marks of only sem 3 and 4 will be considerd or all sems….?

• prem says:

i like this system but when 50% marks in 12th class

• Bhomsingh shira says:

i like it but 50%marks in12 Bord.

• Sumit Yadav says:

I would like to ask is there any provision for droppers?
    And also, is the 50% weightage given only to PCM marks of boards or the total boards percentage?

Thank you !

• Sumit Yadav says:

I am sorry for making another post, but there was one more thing I wanted to ask. I did read the article about there being a special dispensation for droppers to reappear for 12th.

Now what exactly does this mean as I’ve heard that board pattern is changing alot, and it will be a 70-30 pattern(for MAH atleast) instead of 80-20. If so, how will the 30 marks will be calculated from our available practical marks which are out of only 20.

• rohit says:

plz tell the details on how students will be able to give their boards exams again ,those who appeared in 2012 boards exams.

• Sohan says:

will all the state boards,CBSE,ISE etc given equal weightage

• ISEETIndia Team says:

The marks for board examination will be normalized. ISI (Indian Statistical Institute) is working on a formulae so that the students across different boards can be compared on a common platform.

• Sanya says:

I would like to know about the provision for dropout coz i had my boards results yesterday which were not satisfying i wanted to know how much are my boards marks really going to matter for drop outs ?
    And will VITEE will also come under iseet?

• rahul says:

vitee is a private univ. only central nd state gov. come under iseet 2013

• mukul verma says:

it’ll depend on your board percentile…..if u r one of the lucky students which are in top 20% toppers then u can appear in IIT…otherwise 50% of board and 50% of mains test will be combined and u can get an NIT

• Mrunali says:

I liked this system………..

• Sumit Yadav says:

Sir, is the board weightage given to all subjects or only pcm?

• nav says:

i passed my 12th in 2011 will i eligible for iit 2013

• shankar says:

no brther u r not eligible !! sorry ..but you can give iseet for nits :)…best of luck

• Akhilesh Pandey says:

Sankar Bro are u sure for ur line

“no brther u r not eligible !! sorry ..but you can give iseet for nits :)” ??

If us dear frend u hav give me a deep relief.thanxx a lot

• saquib says:

I passed 10th in 2012 which board I should take addimission…

• shakthihari says:

this ISEET system is not at all nice…IITJEE and AIEEE were the correct

• soujanya kumar mukherjee says:

WHAT WOULD BE THE PATTERN AND SYLLABUS OF THE EXAM?????

• kushagra says:

student passed 12 in 2011 should give a chance for iseet2013..

• subham mishra says:

I am really impressed by the new system. It will definitely do a bit good, if not more to some of the poor guys who are extremely good in studies but have no money to join any coaching.

• sumit kumar says:

lots of unfair means are being used at boards. especially in the state boards.

the competition seems to be of being unfair rather than intelligent.

u have a much better probability of getting a seat at NIT. IF NOT AT IIT

I myself got 61 % in my boards. but got 626 rank in Jee 2003. that too with self study . in the state board exams i have seen ppl giving open book exams in front of invigilator.

i dont say good students dont get good marks at boards.
    but many nob deserving ppl also gey marks at boards.

• RAVI KANT DUBEY says:

I DON’T LIKE THIS SYSTEM…….PLS GO WITH OLD PATTERN THAT IS BEST…………THIS SYSTEM WILL TOTALLY DISTURB 2012 STUDENTS……

• rk mishra says:

THERE SHOULD BE SOME PLAN .

DROPPING ONE YEAR FOR IIT IS NOT FAIR. IT IS SIMPLY BLOCKING THE NEWCOMERS FATE.

WEIGHT AGE SHOULD BE GIVEN TO THE 12 TH STD EXAM . I FEEL WE SHOULD THINK FRO 10TH STD ON WARDS.

From 10th 20% , from 12th 40% rest is from jee.
      10th should be the board exam not the school as cbse has introduced.

• RAVI KANT DUBEY says:

SO MANNY STUDENTS PREPARED FOR IIT EXAM BUT THEY DIDNT GOT GOOD BRANCH …..BECAUSE I M CONCENTRATIN TOTALLY ON IIT I DIDNT GOT GOOD MARKS IN IIT …….SO PLS U DONT FOLLOW THIS SYSTEM FROM THIS YEAR…..IF U WANT TO FOLLOW THIS SYSTEM Y DIDNT U SAID ABOUT THIS BEFORE THAT U R GOING TO FOLLOW THIS SYSTEM FROM THIS YEAR ………SUDDENDLY THIS IS NOT FAIR ……………

• SHANTHINI says:

jee should be continued for anothr year atleast coz studnts who r in 12th at presnt will be in a huge dilemma, as to stick on to what. and moreover many would also be planning to drop (xiith cbse 2012 board, alredy appeard) anothtr year xclusivly for jee n other national entrance xams. so i shall requst d decision panel to think once more n come to a concrete statement.

• rahul says:

now what 2 prepare for iit or aieee

• rk mishra says:

donot blame boards, there are boards which are more tougher then cbse .

new system is a good system. IIT jee questions are of BE std not the 12 th standard.

MAKE THE 12TH COURSE TOUGHER and PRACTICAL ORIENTED AND MAKE EQUAL IN ALL STATES . Our education system is wrong. LESS creativity concepts.

• student says:

what will be the syllabus of common entrance test 2013 , and will there be any part of apptitude test or reasoning . And please confirm the syllabus as soon as possible so that we can direct our prepration toward’s it.

• Sankalp says:

I have passed my boards in 2011 with 83% can i give JEE 2013 for NITs and IIITs it will b valid?

• ding says:

i have done my 12th class in 2012 and again i want to repeat the exam in 2013 i.e ISEET .now i want complete information on iseet for repeaters (longterm)

• Komal Kumari says:

50% weightage to board exams? can” you just reduce it to 10-20% or just remove it? How much time will the IITs take to decide what would be the pattern of advance and what type of study students have to do. I’m a drop case. What kind of facilities are provided for us to give board exams in 2013? Do we have to give practicals also again? coz its our last chance and due to concentrating on all sides, it would be a lot of pressure on us. Pls reply to this, sir.
    Also will ISAT also come under this 40,30,30 criteria?

• Shailja says:

i am totally confused. the opposition of iseet from all over the country has made the aspirants of iit 2013 totally confused. i don’t know whether the system is right or wrong????????

• Ishu says:

On of my friend, he is a rich guy got 79.8 % marks in 12th in up board this year without attending the exam and all he had to do ws to pay rs.25,000.Now how iseet will figure out that? what about those hard working students who score 75% by self study??It’s not the single case their a plenty of people getting very good marks by unfair means in all boards..n by this pattern richer student will get richer and poorer will get poorer.

• s shashank says:

What about the people who repeat… It is said arrangements will be made for those who want to improve their performance in the boards. But this will again be hectic for the students, preparing and taking two exams(like 12th) again, boards and the JEE. If the system is bound to change, why not do it in 2014? At least the students would already be prepared.

• A says:

Hi, what was the court’s decision regarding iseet? I’m wondering about the number of attempts allowed for iseet and will iit be forced to consider you if you have passed the iseet exam but have already attempted iit jee twice? Or atleast please let me know what the current scenario is? I thought the decision was to be made by the court on 6th June. Today is 10th june. What is the current scenario?
    Thanks!

• karan says:

sir , i have passed my hsc from maharashtra in 2012 with 92%. am i eligible for appearing iseet 2013? and how they calculate my 40% board marks? reply soon sir…

• karan says:

sir, i have cleared my hsc exam from maharashtra board in 2012 with 92%. i wish to know whether i am eligible for appearing iseet 2013? and how they calculate my 40% marks for iseet? reply soon…

• Karan says:

In which year exam in this pattern be conducted 2013 or 2014.Please reply soon

• murali kishore says:

It is better to look at the positive aspects of the ISEET proposed. ISEET should be conducted from 2013 onwards. It will do away with multiple entrance examinations and reduce the stress levels of students

• Yogesh says:

I have completed my 12th with 93%in cbse board exam in 2012. I am an IIT aspirant .i would like to appear for the iseet 2013.Will I have write the boards once again to improve my marks?

• Arush says:

I like ISEET system if it consider 50% or lesser of aggregate marks in class 12th as this will help to trace out the hidden talent of many student who may be sometimes not selected in engineering test or some student having a great talent but they cannot selected due to eligibility creteria.
    This system will increasing the engineering talent of india and will must help to give some great inventions in upcomming time.
    I am in full support of ISEET.
    😀

• pawan singh says:

i m eligible iseet exam and i have passed in 2010

• puja kashyap says:

wots wrng with the system..?? How can they give 50% weightage to the boardz…as many of the people postd above…that scoring a gud percentile by unfair means is smthng vry common…n in dat case student who are workng hard n stil cudnt make thru lost their value of hardwork..
    I aM totaly against this system…!!
    Also i would like to know how much percentage one needs in pcm class 12th to take iitjee xam…??

• ANIR KHENJAS says:

Is it confirmed that ISAT 2013 conducted by IIST would be scrapped?The name was not found in the list of institutes participating in the common CET.Please reply…

• CB2994 says:

IIT says that only those candidates are eligible for the advanced exam who feature in the top 20 percentile of the board examinations.For a student dropping out in 2012 will his 2012 board mark count as the eligibility criteria or he/she has to reappear in 2013

• k.jyothirmai says:

i like this but the board is not providing sufficient information up to date if they can do so we can prepare better i want some information regarding the admission into iist institution.please any one guide me

• Richa says:

I don’t like the system……..iseet should be conducted from 2014.Present class 12 students still don’t know the format.How will they prepare themselves??

• gommzee says:

hey dudes i hav given my MHT CET and wish to repeat ISEET?will i hav to repeat my boards exams again???
    will AIEEE exist in 2013????
    please reply back to my email i.e gommzeerozz@gmail.com