There has been few doubts over the implementation of ISEET as single engineering entrance examination across all the states. However, it seems like gradually more and more states are preparing to shift from existing state examinations to ISEET. As announced by the ministry of HRD, ISEET will replace IIT JEE and AIEEE starting from 2013, and will gradually replace all state examinations.
Maharashtra has also decided to prepare for 2013-14 academic session as admissions will be based on Indian Science Engineering Entrance Test instead of existing MH-CET. MH-CET would be scrapped and hence the government need to decide the admission procedure for state engineering colleges. The HRD ministry has recommended a weightage breakup of 40:60 for class 12th marks and the scores in ISEET exam. However, the states are free to decide their own weightage structure for engineering admissions in their state colleges. The minister for higher education for Maharashtra, Mr. Rajesh Tope, said the they will soon set up an eight-member committee to decide this weightage for admissions. The committee is likely to take approximately two months in this decision. The main question for the committee will be how to normalize the marks across different HSC boards such as CBSE, ICSE, and state board.
There have already been few concerns raised by some of the IIT faculty and students on conducting a single entrance test, however Mr. Kapil Sibal is trying best to bring all on a common platform and agree with this proposal. The students from Maharashtra needs to be prepared for this changed structure and will have to focus on both HSC and ISEET.
Incoming search terms:
- mht cet 2013
- mht cet 2013 for engineering
- engineering entrance exams 2013 maharashtra
- mht cet 2013-14
- maharashtra engg entrance exam 2013
- maharashtra entrance exam 2013
- entrance exam for engineering 2013 in maharashtra
- engineering admission 2013-14
- ISEET maharashtra
- maharashtra engg entrance exam 2013 books
- news for maharashtra pet exam 2013
- what about after mh cet 2013
- which subjects of hsc maharashtra matter for engineering
- will there be cet in maharashtra 2013-14 batch
- maharashtra engineering entrance exams 2013